After a couple of years trying to get this off the ground we’ve pulled the plug. Everyone wanted to take, no-one (well very few) wanted to share.
You live, you try, you fail, you learn, you do something new!
Our friends at Absolute Music in Poole, UK are hosting a novation/ableton evening to show off the launchpad.
So we’ve made live a beta ver1.0 release…
1) New upload tool – most of the feedback we had, was that the upload process, well.. lets be honest, was a bit over complicated. We’ve added some more help text and it’ll now ask for the information on only two screens with auto-complete where possible (if you add remixer names but not any information on the remix name, it’ll name it for you).
2) we’ve changed the site background, just because I wanted to really and a few other bits, the design side is still in progress.
3) Edit screen – you can now edit track information after you’ve uploaded.
4) RSS feed of new files – this’ll update as new tracks are added.
To come (very soon) – a bulk uploader! Say what? Download the exe file, point it to a folder with warp files in, it’ll take what info it can from the ID3 tags, prompt you to fill in the rest then upload to the site. It’s working, we’re just doing a few more tests then we’ll make it available.
To come (soon-ish) – an API – yep, query our database via XML something clever and we’ll pass back info.
Love to know your thoughts on our beta!
If you signed up as an alpha tester and have used the site or provided us with help in other ways, we’ll be sending you voucher codes to invite your mates – email coming this week.
As promised some pics from the alpha launch party at Bar Fruit:
PS Sorry we left this post in draft for so long, forgot to click publish!
So early today we bounced our server for 2 main reasons:
1) There was some important security patch – ask Tom if you really want to know…
2) We updated a few things on the site, hopefully making it easier and simpler to use – we now have an admin console and once we’ve tested it a bit more, we’ll be adding this to all accounts so you can update/correct any details for files you uploaded.
Also… and frankly, much more exciting…
We’ve finished phase 1 of our bulk upload tool
At the moment, it operates via CSV + warp files in a zip… phase 2 will be one you can use yourselves (that will be a while).
If you have a large collection of warp files you’d be willing to share, we’ll credit your account as normal AND in the near-ish future, if your account has surplus credits to your needs – we’ll pay you! WIN
For more details on the bulk upload please hit me up.
PS added another batch of files (latest beatport top 10) and will be doing 100s more this week
Comments as ever welcome: